Monday, March 7, 2011

For the Love of Pants...

...I love clothes.  No no, I LOVE clothes.  They are just about my favourite thing in the world (well, material speaking).

I love blouses, I love pants, I love skirts, dresses, shoes, hats, rings... it's really a sickness.  So this is what I don't understand, why are the celebrities of today not wearing any?

I'm also a fan of working out.  I love the feeling of adrenaline running through my veins after a killer run or a kick ass weight lifting session.  I also adore the way my body looks and feels after a series of great workouts (and healthy eating, of course).

However, no matter how "good" my body may look, I still like to wear clothes.

Now this is where I get lost - is there something in the water in Hollywood that has made some of our favourite ladies lose track of their desire for fashion, in their need to show off their taut bodies?

The other day I was running on the treadmill, grooving along to MuchMoreMusic (yes, I'm lucky enough to work out at one of those gyms with tv's on every machine - loves it), and I watched videos from Britney - wearing her bra and panties, Ke$ha wearing a T-Shirt and not much else, the Pussycat Dolls who are famous for their lingerie clad dancing, and Gaga wearing nothing but her brassiere and undies (and flats, which is wrong in itself - please find some stiletto's for this woman).  Why can't these women afford any clothes?

I am not a prude - not even slightly.  I can appreciate a sexy woman just as much as I can appreciate a sexy man.  And I love looking at pretty people and showing off their amazing bodies - in my workout magazines.  While I do occassionally go out with a peek of my midriff showing (a peek - not a display), or a backless top, I would never consider going out without my pants!!!

And why is it Hollywood women are considering being half (okay almost-completely) naked "sexy".  I once went to work in a turtleneck and black bootleg pants, and a woman stopped me and said "wow, that's a very sexy outfit for work don't you think?"  Sexy is how you feel in your clothes, and that feeling that emanates from that attitude - that is the accessory to your outfit - showing your skivvies underneath are not.

I have dresses upon dresses in my closet - probably more than some small boutiques in Downtown Vancouver; and while I'm hardly the size 0 of Lady Gaga, I'd be more than happy to introduce her to my seamstress for alterations.  Perhaps these woman need to find out just how sexy you can be in a Betsey Johnson dress: frills, crinoline and a good attitude go a long way in being sexy - and a little treat of lace and satin can be your own little private sexy secret, underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment