Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fill 'er Up

Earlier this week both Jared and I were feeling "bleh".  He, more than me.  I knew what was at the route of mine (see previous posts)... but him, I wasn't quite sure.

Although I suspectected...

...I said "you need some Gord and Ellen".  G and E are my Mom and Dad, and Jared's adopted Mom and Dad, as his parental units are in the Maritimes.  And G and E had been in Vegas for the week.

For the majority of my adult life, my parents have travelled extensively, leaving for long periods of time to explore the world. And whenever they are aware for more than a few days I miss them incessantly.  I notice it more and more as I get older, especially when they are gone for more than a week.  By about day 8 of their trip I always feel like something is "off".

I didn't feel it on this short trip, but Jared certainly did.

With J's Mom and Dad being in the Maritimes', we talk to them almost daily, but there is something about that physical interaction that just puts your heart at peace.  I always feel like when Gord and Ellen are away my heart "gas tank" runs a but under than empty.

This weekend Jared's heart was a bit under empty.

Gord and Ellen got home yesterday, and tonight we went to celebrate Gords Birthday.  Drinks, dinner and many, many laughs.  Nothing beyond that.  Okay maybe some cake and presents, but it was more about the interaction of love than the physical items of the evening.  And you know what?  It was awesome.

We were on the way home in the cab and I looked at the three most important people in my life and they all looked genuinely happy.  My Mom glowed, my Dad had his cutest little smile going, and my boyfriend had a look in his eye that only a piece of parental love could supply.

Our belly's are now full of wine and yummy food (thank you Saint Street Grill), but more obvious than anything else is that our hearts have been filled up with some much needed love. 

And now the countdown is on the way, for some Maritime love, in a few weeks.  How lucky we are to know our hearts can be filled up on both coasts of our country...

No comments:

Post a Comment